A cure is in our sights!

Vivint is giving away $1.25 Million to charities. Help us win!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

If I had a money tree...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


People who have money to spare don't really think much about the fact that they CAN afford to buy things. Most of them are aware that money does NOT buy happiness, but very few of them realize how much stress they are not forced to deal with by living paycheck to paycheck. I am a happy person. No, I am a BLESSED person. I KNOW what a blessing it is to see my children wake up smiling at me and to fall asleep every night in the arms of my prince charming. Money would not make me any happier than I am now, but it would probably make me a much more pleasant person to be around. I worry about bills and my family's future all the time. Sometimes, just for fun, I close my eyes and think about how life might be if I didn't always have to scrape together loose change. So, for giggles I thought I would list a few of the things I would do if money grew on trees.

I would set up a special needs trust fund for Samantha.
I would hire a full staff of therapists and nurses to ensure that she had the BEST possible care.
I would buy a HUGE chunk of beautiful land and have a castle built for my family to live in.
The castle would have a chapel that could be rented out for weddings and other special events, and would also serve as a place of employment for the residents of the castle. (I want it to be a residential community for people with various abilities.)
I would buy a wheelchair accessible minivan (Entervan!) so I could take Samantha places without help.
I would fund Angelman Syndrome research.
I would have my own darkroom and photography studio.
I would buy a laptop computer.
I would fight for custody to adopt my nephews.
I would track down the best medical care available in the world for Angelman Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.
I would get a breast reduction and tummy tuck! (and have anything else that was sagging out of shape lifted and tucked!)
I would travel and see THE WORLD!!!!!

Franklin Mint

3 comments:

michaelm said...

Melissa-

A very sensible and altruistic list, if I don't say so myself.
I haven't read enough of your blog yet to know who Samantha is (daughter?)
Have to learn a bit about Angelman Syndrome as well. Anything that affects the life of a child is devastating. I can't even begin to imagine.
I've been dealing with Alzheimer's (both parents) for so long it's like I know of nothing else.
I started an Alzheimer Webring. Might not be bad to think about an Angelman Syn ring. I'm sure there are many folks out there desperately looking for answers.
Sorry, long-winded today.
Anywhoo, I will be by soon.

be well,
Michaelm
Smoke and Mirrors

starbender said...

What a fantastic list U have! I don't know exactly what I would do if I had a money tree---perhaps take up gardening!

I have updated my links--U are now there!

" }

Melissa said...

michael - be long winded any time you like! I'm always happy to have comments! :) Sam is my daughter and yes, Angelman Syndrome takes up a huge chunk of my life, but as I'm sure you know from caring for your parents... you can meet some of the most amazing people who have the same struggles you do... I participate in an Angelman Syndrome list serve. (We are like one huge international family... arguments and all!) I don't know that I would have made it this far with out them. :)Thanks for the add BTW! I'm glad you like my list... I did get more selfish towards the end... :) But I SO deserve it!!!! :)

starbender - Thanks for the link! I think tending a small orchard of money trees would be a great hobby to take up! :)