A cure is in our sights!

Vivint is giving away $1.25 Million to charities. Help us win!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Thought for the day...

I start a part time job on Tuesday. We need the money, and I will be able to set my own schedule around what is best for the kids, but I still feel a bit guilty. I think a bit of time away from them five days a week will make me feel like a "real" person again, yet at the same time, I feel like I should be here for them 24/7/365.
Ahhhh... The inner turmoil of motherhood clashing with the need to make ends meet.

8 comments:

Ranea said...

Don't feel guilty for wanting grown up conversation. When I finally re-entered the work force I felt guilty too, but I noticed the kids needed a break from me too. We all do what we have to do to stay afloat. And Your kids know mom loves them. And hopefully you won't be as stressed with the things at home. It'll all turn out o.k. you'll see.:)

Melissa said...

ranea- thank you... I am SO SLEEPY, but I like my job! :)

starbender said...

...and after all that, U will find work sorta a "break". Co-workers would be like "Oh, it's the week-end! U get a vacation!" And U'r thinking... Hmmmm..., this IS the vacation!
;]

siren said...

Good luck with the new job :) I hope you find time for the occasional nap!

Melissa said...

Starbender- you have no idea how right you are... most people run away FROM their job... I run away TO mine!!! :)

Siren- Thanks!... But naps? What are those? I don't think I have had a good nap since High School! LOL!!!

Sol said...

Melissa ~ keep uz posted, ja?

pardon my long absence, m'lady

Melissa said...

sol- missed you! trying to find time to update... off to a concert tonight....

Sol said...

heh hope u liked da show